The National Ploughing Championships 2012
At Heathpark, New Ross, Co. Wexford on the 25th to the 27th September 2012
The site of the 2012 National Ploughing Championships at Heathpark, New Ross, Co. Wexford is situated approximately ten kilometres east of New Ross between N.25 Wexford/New Ross road and the N.30 New Ross/Enniscorthy road.
A detailed traffic plan has been developed by the Garda Síochána in Wexford which centres around five major routes into the site. These recommended routes lead to corresponding designated parking areas adjacent to the event. The routes are clearly sign posted and patrons are urged to follow these routes to avoid unnecessary delay and traffic disruption.
Entrance to the car parks is free. No roadside parking will be permitted on the approaches to the site at any time during the event and vehicles parked on the approach roads are liable to be towed away.
Key junctions and points will be manned by Gardaí.
Specific arrangements have been made to facilitate exhibitors and competitors who are requested to have their car passes clearly exhibited when approaching the site and be alert for directional signs specific to their accreditation.
Specific arrangements have also been made for vehicles displaying official ‘Disabled Parking Permit’ and drivers should follow specific signs to the designated car parking areas.
There are also three designated coach parks and drivers of 52-seat coaches are requested to follow specific signs to these parking areas.
The five recommended routes to the site are:
1. (Blue Route) N.25 Cork / Waterford / Munster traffic follow N.25 to New Ross and follow directional signs.
2. (Orange Route) North Munster, midlands and west traffic to Kilkenny follow R.700 (Bennetsbridge/Thomastown road) and follow directional signs via Thomastown and Inistioge to New Ross.
3. (Green Route) Midlands traffic to Carlow: follow N.80 (Enniscorthy/Bunclody road) and follow directional signs from Bunclody.
Also M.9 southbound, exit at Junction 5 (Carlow) and follow directional signs to Bunclody as above.
4. (Purple Route) M.11 / N.11 (Dublin/Wexford Road) southbound. Follow directional signs for Enniscorthy / Wexford.
5. (Yellow Route) South Wexford (Wexford town and areas south of N.25) approach site via Wellingtonbridge and Newbawn.
Note: All traffic approaching the site via Dublin M.50 is requested to follow specific instructions on the Information Signs on the approaches to the M.50.
Specific traffic plans will be put in place to facilitate the smooth flow of traffic through the towns of Enniscorthy and New Ross as it is anticipated that substantial volumes of traffic will be travelling to and from the event through these two towns.
Please co-operate and follow the instruction of the stewards and Gardaí.
All persons attending the event are reminded to be security conscious. Do not leave items of value exposed in vehicles.
Please take note of which car park you are parked in and do not park illegally.