Tall Ships Festival 2012
This festival will take place from 23rd to the 26th August 2012
As part of the planning process, An Garda Siochana are working closely with the Tall Ships organisers, the event management teams, Dublin City Council, Dublin Port Authority, transport stakeholders, other emergency services and local business and community groups.
In order to ensure that the Tall Ships Festival is a safe and enjoyable event throughout the weekend, An Garda Siochana would like to issue the following advise to all visitors:
• An Garda Siochana wish to stress the family nature of the Tall Ships Festival and remind the public that anti social behaviour will not be tolerated. Anti Social behaviour impacts on the enjoyment of others. We also wish to remind everyone that drinking in public areas is prohibited and this will be rigorously enforced throughout the event by Gardai.
• Visitors are strongly advised to utilise the public transport systems to access the Festival. While parking spaces are available in the usual City Centre car parks, there is no parking within the Festival cordon on both sides of the River Liffey. There is easy access to the event through Dublin Bus, DART, LUAS and Bus Eireann services.
• For your safety, on arrival at the Festival and throughout the weekend, the public are urged to follow the directions of Stewards and Gardai.
• Visitors are advised to secure valuables throughout the festival weekend – keep your purse / wallet / mobile telephone out of sight.
• In the unlikely event of an emergency, remain calm and follow the instructions of Gardai, Stewards, public announcements and event signage.
• Watch your alcohol intake – it can impair your decision making. Never Drink and Drive.
• We would ask visitors to be conscious of the fact that people live and work in the Festival area and they should have respect for their property and do not cause annoyance.
• At the end of your visit, take your time leaving and getting home.
Further details of traffic restrictions and diversions and other relevant information will be available on this Website in the lead up to the Tall Ships Festival. Information on the Tall Ships Race 2012 is available on www.dublintallships.ie.
Finally, on behalf of An Garda Siochana, Superintendent Sean Ward extends a very warm welcome to all those who will visit Dublin this August for this fantastic four day family Festival. We hope that everyone who attends has an enjoyable and safe time