Senior Football 3.00 p.m. Tipperary -v- Wexford
Senior Hurling 5.00 p.m. Cork -v- Wexford
Senior Hurling 7.00 p.m. Limerick -v- Clare
1. Car parks will be available on all approach routes and must be used by all patrons on their particular route thus avoiding unnecessary delays after the match.
2. Arrive in Thurles in good time for the matches.
3. Co-operate with the car park attendants and Gardai to ensure free flow of traffic.
4. The area about Semple Stadium will be kept completely free of parked vehicles and controlled by Garda Barriers.
5. The housing estates at the rear of Semple Stadium form an emergency route and any vehicles not belonging to residents will be towed, without exception.
6. Please do not abandon cars on the main routes. Keep driving until you meet Gardai on duty at relevant car parks. If you must park on the road ensure your car is turned for home, this is to ensure the minimum of delay after the matches.
7. A traffic diversion programme will be in place within Thurles and all motorists are asked to be patient during its operation. Every effort will be made to ensure that motorists can transgress the town with a minimum of delay.
Wexford supporters have an option on the following main routes :
Via Cashel travel north on the M8 to Junction 6 (Horse & Jockey exit), and follow the N62 to Thurles.
Limerick Supporters will have an option on the following main routes :
1. Travel the M7 to Nenagh, the R498 via Borrisoleigh and the Ragg to Thurles
2. Travel the N24 to Tipperary, the R601 to Dundrum, the R661 to Holycross and either the R659 or R660 to Thurles
Cork Supporters will have an option on the following main routes:
Travel the M8 to Junction 6 - (Horse & Jockey exit) and follow the N62 to Thurles.
Patron in possession of passes should display same in a prominent place on their vehicle and follow the Garda directions en route. These passes are not parking permits but allow free movement subject to Garda discretion and traffic control.
Illegally Parked Vehicles:
Vehicles found illegally parked will be towed away to the Garda Compound and will not be released until the statutory expenses have been paid. In addition a prosecution could be instituted against the driver / owner of the vehicle concerned.
Superintendent Lordan made a special appeal to all motorists to:
a. Secure and lock their vehicles.
b. Leave no valuables on display.
c. Park in the supervised car park.
d. Pick Pockets – beware of your wallet, money and A.T.M/Credit Cards.
e. Drink and Claxton Air Horns will not be allowed into Semple Stadium.
Superintendent Lordan wishes that this outing is a memorable day for everyone and reminds patrons to co-operate with Gardai and encourage others to do the same.