How do I apply for a Police Certificate?
Applicants for Police Certificates for these purposes should make an application in writing to the Superintendent in charge of the district wherein they reside, or formerly resided, in the Republic of Ireland. Please go to our Station Directory to find out who your District Superintendent is.
Your application in writing should include the following:
- Your full name as on your birth certificate including your maiden name if applicable
- Your date and place of birth (or a copy of your birth certificate)
- Your current address
- All addresses at which you have lived at in Ireland and when you lived there
- The place and purpose for which you require the Certificate
You should also include with your application:
- A copy of your passport, driving license or similar for identification purposes
- A stamped, self addressed envelope
Your application will take approximately three weeks to process.