Hurling League Final on the 23/4/17
At Gaelic Grounds, Ennis Road, Limerick.
Tipperary V Galway
Throw in at 15.30
Preceded by Camogie League Final
Cork V Kilkenny
Throw in at 13.30
The following is the Garda Traffic Management Plan to cater for above National Hurling League Final between Tipperary V Galway at the Gaelic Grounds, Ennis Road, Limerick City on Sunday afternoon the 23rd April 2017.
The Garda advice to patrons is to arrive in plenty of time to park up cars legally, i.e. not causing obstruction, on green areas or on locations where parking is prohibited. Cars illegally parked will be ticketed and those causing obstruction are likely to be towed away by Gardai. Patrons are advised to use Street & Off Street Parking in the City or to take the 15/ 20 minutes to walk out to the venue as they will be caught up in traffic if they cross the bridges in the City out to the venue.
The following road closures and diversions will be in place Sunday 23rd April 2017.
Road Closures/ diversions will be likely to apply from 12.00hrs onwards at the following locations:
• Ennis Road at its junction with Ivan’s Cross – traffic will be diverted to Northern Ring Road and towards Clonmacken
• Ennis Rd. at its junction with Union Cross – traffic will be diverted along Lower and Upper Shelbourne Road.
• Old Cratloe Road at its junction with Mayorstone Drive
• Old Cratloe Road at its junction with Mayorstone Upper
• Old Cratloe Road at its junction with Mayorstone Upper & LIT Roundabout (Merval Park)
Shannon Bridge, Sarsfield Bridge and Thomond Bridge will be open to 2-way Traffic at all times. Traffic travelling outbound and inbound on the N7 and N18 (this includes Shannon Airport traffic) can expect delays owing to extra volumes.
Bus travel for patrons attending this event is recommended and where used their parking will be facilitated is so far as possible. Where a private car is used, patrons attending are strongly advised to park in City centre car parks and avail of Bus or Taxi services to the grounds from the City Centre.
GENERAL TRAFFIC ARRANGEMENTS:
1. Patrons should park their cars legally and not cause obstruction for other road users on foot paths and roadways.
2. Patrons do not park on the grass areas, particularly in the Caherdavin, Clonmacken & adjoining areas of the Gaelic Grounds, Limerick City on the day.
3. Patrons not heeding this advice are liable to have their cars ticketed or towed if illegally parked / causing obstruction, and
4. Patrons crossing any of the Bridges in the City to get nearer the Gaelic Grounds will experience traffic delays after the games on their homeward journey.
1. No general vehicle parking spaces are available within the Gaelic Grounds and vehicle access to the grounds (this includes access for vehicles with special needs) is limited by Pass Only issued by GAA Management. Parking restrictions will be in place at/near the grounds. Vehicles found in breach are liable to be ticketed or impounded.
2. Road Closures will not apply to Local Residents or those with Official Passes. Any queries in relation to Road Closures can be directed to Mayorstone Garda Station at 061 – 456980 or Henry Street Garda Station at 061 – 212400.
GENERAL ADVICE TO PATRONS:
The Garda advice to all patrons attending this event on the 23rd April 2017 (if not using private bus/shuttle or other service) is to arrive early and avail of street/multi-storey parking in the City centre areas. Patrons can either walk out to the grounds or avail of Public Transport or Taxi service.
Patrons parking in the Clonmacken / Condell Road & Caherdavin areas are advised to do so legally and to expect delays in these areas and across Limerick City in general following the game.
Patrons crossing any of the Bridges in the City to park their vehicles nearer the Gaelic Grounds can expect traffic delays on their home journeys and are advised to park in the City and not cross the Bridges in the City.
Patrons are also reminded that Parking of Cars on any Green Areas in the City, particularly in the Clonmacken and Caherdavin areas is NOT PERMITTED and there is Signage in these areas. Offending Drivers are liable to have their cars ticketed or towed.
Please do not leave any property – bags/mobile phones or other valuables in your vehicle.