Organisation Structure Chart
Structure of An Garda Síochána
An Garda Síochána, Ireland's National Police Service, has its headquarters in the Phoenix Park. The Phoenix Park is one of the largest municipal parks in Europe and is situated on the western side of Dublin city.
The Garda Commissioner is responsible for the general direction, management and control of An Garda Síochána. While the Minister for Justice, Equality & Law Reform is responsible to the Government for the performance of An Garda Síochána, it is the Commissioner who runs the organisation on a day to day basis.
The Commissioner is appointed by the Government. He/She is responsible to the Minister for who in turn is accountable to the Dáil (the Irish Legislature). The Garda Commissioner is Noirín O'Sullivan.
The Garda Commissioner's Management Team
- Deputy Commissioner in charge of Policing and Security
- Deputy Commissioner in charge of Governance and Strategy
- Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
- 12 Assistant Commissioners
- Executive Director of Finance and Services
- Executive Director of Information and Communication Technology
- Executive Director of Human Resources and People Development
- Director of Communications
- Chief Medical Officer
Garda rank structure in descending order
- Deputy Commissioner
- Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Superintendent
- Reserve Garda