Munster Senior and Intermediate Hurling Semi Finals on the 19/6/16
At Semple Stadium, Thurles, Co. Tipperary
The Munster Senior and Intermediate Hurling Semi Finals will take place in Semple Stadium, Thurles on Sunday the 19th June 2016 involving the following:
2pm – Tipperary v Limerick (Intermediate)
4pm – Tipperary v Limerick (Senior)
Superintendent Pat Murphy, Thurles Garda Station stated:
"I want to appeal to all patrons attending these matches to be patient and allow sufficient time for their journey and to be guided by Gardai on Traffic Duty. I especially want to make the following appeal to all patrons attending the game - if you must park on the road ensure your car is turned for home, this is to ensure the minimum of delay after the matches".
PLEASE USE ALTERNATIVE ROUTES SUGGESTED HEREUNDER AND ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR YOUR JOURNEY AS A LARGE CROWD IS EXPECTED.
1. New double yellow lines are in place around Kennedy Park to allow for access for Emergency Vehicles. Please ensure you obey these parking restrictions and do not park on same.
2. Match traffic is not permitted to park on footpaths in the vicinity of Semple Stadium. Parking tickets will be issued to vehicles parked on footpaths.
3. Car parks will be available on all approach routes and we urge that they be used by all patrons on their particular route thus avoiding unnecessary delays after the match.
4. Arrive in Thurles in good time for the matches.
5. Co-operate with the car park attendants and Gardai to ensure the free flow of traffic.
6. The area in the immediate vicinity of Semple Stadium will be kept completely free of parked vehicles and controlled by Garda Barriers.
7. The housing estates at the rear of Semple Stadium form an EMERGENCY ROUTE from the Stadium and any vehicles not belonging to residents will be towed, without exception.
8. Please do not abandon cars on the main routes. Keep driving until you meet Gardai on duty at relevant car parks. If you must park on the road ensure your car is turned for home, this is to ensure the minimum of delay after the matches.
9. A traffic diversion programme will be in place within Thurles and all motorists are asked to be patient during its operation. Every effort will be made to ensure that motorists can transgress the town with a minimum of delay.
10. Motorists should also be aware that a music concert is taking place at Clonoulty GAA club, Clonoulty, Cashel from 12pm to 7pm and minor traffic diversions will be in place. Alternative routes listed below should be taken.
Limerick supporters have an option of the following main routes:
1. From Limerick travel the N24 to Tipperary, the N74 to Cashel, the M8 to Horse & Jockey and the N62 to Thurles.
2. From Limerick travel the N24 to Tipperary, the R601 to Dundrum, the R661 to Holycross and either the R659 or R660 to Thurles.
3. From Limerick travel to Birdhill and travel the R503 to Newport and via Milestone to Thurles.
4. From Limerick travel the M7 to Junction 25 (Knockalton, Nenagh), the R498 via Borrisoleigh and the Ragg to Thurles.
1. Patrons in possession of passes (G.A.A. and Invalid) should display same in a prominent place on their vehicle and follow the Garda directions en route. These passes are not parking permits but allow free movement subject to Garda discretion and traffic control.
2. Thurles Gardai do not issue passes.
Illegally Parked Vehicles:
Vehicles found illegally parked will be towed away to the Garda Compound and will not be released until the statutory expenses (€125.00) have been paid. In addition a prosecution could be instituted against the driver / owner of the vehicle concerned.
The Gardai appeal to all motorists to:
1. Secure and lock their vehicles.
2. Leave no valuables on display.
3. Park in supervised car parks.
4. Pick Pockets – beware of your wallet, money and A.T.M/Credit Cards. Leave your wallet at home if possible. Do not carry large sums of cash.
5. Alcohol, Claxton Air Horns and Vuvuzelas will not be allowed into Semple Stadium.
We appeal to all concerned to make this outing a memorable day for the right reasons and to co-operate with Gardai, Stewards and encourage others to do the same.