Bloom Garden Festival 2016 - Traffic Management Plan
From Thursday, the 2nd June until Monday, the 6th June 2016
With reference to the above there are 2 designated car parks for the Bloom 2016 Festival and they are located off the North Road. Each of these car parks and the access / egress routes from same are listed hereunder –
The Garda Mapping Section have provided a map for Bloom
Please note that the Ashtown Gate will be closed for the duration of the Bloom event
Red Car Park:
Location: off the Odd Lamp Road
Vehicles entering the Phoenix Park via Parkgate Street, North Circular Road and Cabra Gate will be directed towards the North Road. At the junction with the Odd Lamp Road, vehicles will be directed to the Red Car Park.
Vehicles exiting the Red Car Park will be directed left onto the Odd Lamp Road and at the junction with the North Road; they will turn right towards Cabra Gate.
Green Car Park:
Location: off the North Road
Vehicles entering the Phoenix Park via Castleknock Gate will be directed onto the North Road from Mountjoy Cross. At the North Road, vehicles will be directed to the Green Car Park.
Vehicles exiting the Green Car Park will be directed left onto the North Road and at Mountjoy Cross vehicles can exit the Phoenix Park via the Castleknock Gate or Knockmaroon Gate.
1. There will be a V.M.S. sign at Gough Roundabout to direct Bloom traffic towards the Red Car Park on the North Road.
2. There will be a V.M.S. sign at Mountjoy Cross to direct Bloom traffic towards the Green Car Park on the North Road.
3. There will be a V.M.S. sign at Palmerstown / N4 to direct Bloom traffic towards Chapelizod.
4. There will be a V.M.S. sign at South Circular Road / Conyngham Road Junction to direct all traffic left toward St Mary’s Gate. (Gardai on duty at St Mary’s Gate will then direct vehicles towards Green / Red Car Parks)
Disability Car Parking:
Disability car parking is located in both the Red and Green Car. There will be a designated car park area set aside for patrons availing of this car park. All patrons must be in possession of an official disability badge to avail of this car park.
VIP parking is located in the Red Car Park. There will be no access to this car park via the Phoenix Monument; all traffic must enter via the North Road / Odd Lamp Road.
All emergency vehicles will egress the Bloom Site via the Nunciature Road, left turn onto the Odd Lamp Road, left onto North Road and exit the Phoenix Park via Ashtown Gate.
This gate will remain closed for the duration of the Bloom opening hours each day as it is the emergency route. In the event of heavy traffic congestion, vehicles may be permitted to egress the Phoenix Park via this gate.
Alternative Car Parking:
There are a number of alternative car parking locations within the confines of the Phoenix Park and they are listed hereunder –
1. Chesterfield Avenue: Castleknock Gate – Mountjoy Cross & Gough Roundabout to Phoenix Monument
2. Zoo car park
3. Polo grounds
4. Cricket Grounds
No Car Parking:
There will be no car parking permitted between the points listed hereunder –
1. Mountjoy Cross to 50meters past the Phoenix Monument (on the city side)
2. North Road from Mountjoy Cross to Cabra Gate
3. Odd Lamp Road
4. Acres Road
1. Vehicles entering Castleknock Gate will not be permitted to turn left onto the North Road, except vehicles attending Bloom and accessing the Green Car Park.
2. No Vehicle will be permitted past Ratra Triangle on the North Road
1. Private coaches will be permitted to stop and drop off patrons on Chesterfield Avenue at the Shuttle Bus Drop Off / Collection point.
2. Private coaches can NOT park here.
3. Parking for private coaches is available in the Papal Cross car park.
Taxi Drop Off:
1. No taxis will be permitted to stop or drop off or collect patrons on Chesterfield Avenue at the Shuttle Bus Drop Off / Collection point.
2. There will be a taxi drop off point located in a coned area on Chesterfield Avenue, just past the Furze Road.
Shuttle Bus Drop Off & Collection Point:
Courtesy shuttle buses are running from Park Gate Street to Bloom and back throughout the day. The bus starts at 8.30am and will run at frequent intervals until 7pm.
The Red Line Luas runs from Connolly Station and Lower Abbey Street in the city centre directly to Heuston Station.
The official Shuttle Bus drop off / collection point will be on Chesterfield Avenue, between the Phoenix Monument and Mountjoy Cross, in front of the Bloom entrance gate.
1. Patrons are urged to avail of public transport to access Bloom.
2. The Phoenix Park and its surrounds are well serviced by Dublin Bus, Bus Eireann, Luas, Iarnrod Eireann and patrons should avail of these where possible.
Traffic Delays and Congestion:
Due to the nature of the event and the large volumes of patrons that are attending at this event, there will, unfortunately, be delays and traffic congestion. The public are urged to comply with the directions of the members of An Garda Síochaná, the O.P.W. and the official stewards who are on duty, so as to minimise these delays and congestion.
Members of the public who are not attending Bloom should consider travelling a route that will not conflict with Bloom Traffic.
An Garda Síochaná hopes that all travelling patrons enjoy the event and have a safe journey on the roads.